Monday 20 February 2012

Guitar

If all goes as planned I should be getting new Epiphone Explorer Guitar from DV247.com on Thursday. I sort of ordered it 3 years ago but things kept coming up preventing me from getting it.

I have 6 other Guitars, 2 Fender Telecasters, 2 Fender Starts, an Epiphone Les Paul and an copy of an Ovation Acoustic. I did used to have 2 Gibson Explorer's.

A Black and White Explorer like Dave Grohl used to play and a wood finish one. I sold one to pay for going to Cannes, but the check from the Guitar shop bounced so I missed Cannes that year.

I can't remember why I sold the other one. One thing I do notice is it's great while you have guitars, you can use them. I don't play as much now.

The guitars I had that where worth money I ended up selling as I needed the money. You get the money it seems to always go quickly and you always need more money.

I sort of promised myself the cheaper Epiphone Explorer for selling the expensive Gibson Explorers. I've tried buying Gibson Les Pauls a few times but something always seems to go wrong and the price has gone up to where I can't really afford it or justify spending the extra over an Epiphone Les Paul.

I've been playing Guitar since I was 14. Most of the bands I played didn't get much further than rehearsal rooms and playing a few gigs. I used to play in a band with Lee Thompson Sax player with Madness.

Sax players seem to be able to be in more than one band at a time. Our split and Madness are still one of my favourite bands. Currently I'm thinking of starting a blues band in London. Not sure if it's worth playing gigs in London clubs or Pubs now unless you have a following for your music on the Internet.
 I put some tracks up on Soundcloud at http://www.soundcloud.com/megachrist

No comments:

Post a Comment