Tuesday 15 November 2011

Finally Wrapped Post Production on Pub Crawl Movie


I’ve finally wrapped Post Production on Pub Crawl Movie.

I’ve been using FCP 7 to edit the movie and I now have a Widescreen 235:1 version, a 16:9 version and 5 30 minutes Pub Crawl TV shows.

I have archived the FCP project file and the scratch capture files to a 330 GB Hard Drive and now I have 500 GB free on my iMac’s internal Hard Disk.

I have some footage that I shot from the Megachrist.com script reading but before I download it from the camera, I’m going to install the Apple FCP X 30 day trial.

I used a Canon XHA1 to shoot 1440 x 1080 HDV on 2 Mini-DV tapes. The new FCP is supposed to be able to import from a Firewire device so I was going to use that to import my video footage.

I also used a Canon 550D on the shoot. It was my first time using a DSLR. Now I know I need to buy more SD cards and batteries, before next shoot. The DSLR went through 2 set of batteries, while the film camera only used half the power of one battery. The 550D files are already on my Hard Disk. I plugged the camera in and Apple iPhoto imported the video footage as if it where photo’s.

I didn’t have any other crew so I used tripods and operated both cameras and recorded sound on the Canon XHA1, using a gun microphone on the camera and another mic on the table. I was surprised by how good the sound on the 550D was just using the on-board microphone.

THe Megachrist.com worked out great from my point of view. I hope the actors will also get something out of it. The script has gone from 109 pages to a faster 87 pages. The beginning and ending are better. The main prophet characters now enter earlier into the story, Moses enters on page 9 now.

I’m planning to do a re-shoot in the near future, but I might wait till after the new year. I want to see how I get on with editing the footage that I have before doing a re-shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment